Wednesday, August 12, 2015

1911 Wall Hangings

I am in the process of making a bunch of large 1911 wall plaques. These will be made from Cherry and Walnut mainly. Sizes will be 12 inch, 18 inch, 24 inch, and 30 inch versions. You can pick from either left or right side. If you order both I will work you a deal.
 
This one is the first of the 12 inchers and is spoken for. It is made from cherry. I will post up finished pictures here very soon. I wanted to share the in process pictures.
 
This needs finish sanding yet around the grips, trigger etc. and on all faces but those will follow soon.
 

  
Tool 1 .500 End Mill rough cutting perimeter
 

 
Tool 2 .500 Ball End Mill roughing the 3D contours



Finished Roughing



Tool 3 .125 Ball End Mill finish machining
Here you can start to make out the slide details



 
Do you need one of these? email me
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment